Friday, November 28, 2008

Exact Polyphasic Plans

3 hours at 10:30pm-1:30am
25 minutes at 7:00am
25 minutes at 12:30pm
25 minutes at 5:30pm

If you subtract the core from the 24 hours in one day, you are left with 21 hours. In that 21 hours, I need to nap 3 times. So from the end of the core to the start of the core(21 hours), there will be 4 times I am awake.

1:30am-7:00am (5 and a half hours)
7:00am-12:30pm (5 and a half hours)
12:30pm-5:30pm (5 hours)
5:30pm-10:30pm (5 hours)

The times between naps are approximately even, worked out from the end of the core to the start of the core because the core takes a lot longer. So instead of going from the start like you would with naps, this is a better estimation. If that makes sense.

I know I told everyone I was going to do 4 and a half hours with 2 naps. That was to try to stretch it over school. The truth is I have no idea if it would work, and if it could stretch over school, traditional everyman probably could too(maybe a slight drop in consciousness in the afternoon, but I get that now anyway).

Right now I am not even considering how I can nap during school. It's not important - I don't have to go back for 2 months. The first step is adapting. That's the hardest part. I can work out school when it comes, rather than attempting a difficult sleep pattern now when I don't need to.

As for my parents... well I strongly recall one of them saying "I don't mind you trying it during the holidays..." last time they got up me for doing it. They let me do it for 2 weeks then there was one week left they made me stop, so this time I'll have 7 weeks I suppose. Plenty.

Learning from last time, I couldn't nap for about a week because I was just too awake. I was tired but couldn't sleep during the day. I'll have to take some more time off sleeping to ensure I am tired enough to at least sleep a bit during naps.

No comments: