Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 5 of polyphasic sleep

Argh. I am an idiot(don't quote me saying that in the future). So, took my 2:30am nap perfectly. It was good but not really refreshing. Not enough to keep me up until 6:30 anyway. This is the hardest stretch. At about 4am I started feeling VERY tired. I couldn't sit down and play a game I'd just drop off. If I wanted to I'd have to stand up and move around. And yeah, I got sick of that fast but looks like next time I'll have to do it.

My stupid extremely tired brain decided it would be a good idea if I took an extra nap, just to keep me going. Actually that was a good idea, better than oversleeping, and the nap went fine. I think it kept me awake for 10 minutes after that. And, what? I decide to take a nap again.. about 20 minutes later. Sure I did but I don't remember waking up until 11:30am.

6 hours of oversleep every second day isn't going to help me adapt to this. I really need a second alarm but I don't have one. It looks like I am going to just have to keep trying until I can make it through the night. Luckily, I have plenty of time to do this and this seems to be the only thing standing in the way of my adaption.

As for further naps today, I'll try to sleep them and if I can, I am still a bit ahead of when I last overslept. If I just lie there for the nap then I've been damaged quite a bit from this.

No comments: